Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator

Filter one side of pivot table

Hi all,

Think this is not achievable, but I need to filter just one side of a pivot table.

I have a count of equipment by work group. This count never changes as its the total of the equipment. Joined to that is a count of work orders on that equipment, filerable by cost centre. I can create the table, but when I add in the filter it of course filters the whole table, and reduces the equipment count accordingly.

Any ideas how I can over come this one?

Thanks all

Neil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Replace $ with 1.

=Count({1<[Equipment Type]-={" "}>} [Equipment Type])

Note: Now your expression won't change to any selections you make. If that is not what you want, there may be other ways to achieve what you are looking for. You just need to clarify your requirement.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

If I understand you question properly, I think you can use this {1} within your expression for total of the equipment for it to be not filtered by any selection.

I hope this will help.

Best,

Sunny

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Brilliant - thank you. Do you know where I use the bit in the expression?

count({$ <[Equipment Type]-={" "}>} [Equipment Type])

sunny_talwar

Replace $ with 1.

=Count({1<[Equipment Type]-={" "}>} [Equipment Type])

Note: Now your expression won't change to any selections you make. If that is not what you want, there may be other ways to achieve what you are looking for. You just need to clarify your requirement.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Fantastic! Thanks for your help Sunny.

sunny_talwar

No Problem Just curious to know if that did exactly what you were looking to do?

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes - the equipment count remains the same, but the equipment in relation to the filter changes. It does reorder the columns in the pivot table tho, which is a pain.

sunny_talwar

Reorder the columns? Really? I don't think it should do that. Can you show a screenshot of with and without selection and may be I can help you fix that as well.

Best,

Sunny

ndeeleysww
Creator
Creator
Author

It's because I have a sort Match on the columns to put them in the required order:

Match([Safety and Legislative],

'MCERT',

'Fixed Gas Monitors',

'Crypto',

'Chlorination and Sulphination',

'Inlet Protection',

'Fixed Generators',

'Mobile Generators'

).

pic1.png

As soon as I choose a filter the match is removed:

pic2.png