Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barnaby
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reports won't load in IE Plugin

G'day All,

We are running QV 11.20 Server and all reports are accessed using the IE Plugin.

Last week the company upgraded from IE8 to IE11. Since the upgrade, reports accessed via the Access Point do not load in the IE Plugin and the IE Plugin no longer appears on the 'view details' popup. Everything was working correctly with IE8 and no changes have been made to the configuration.

The problem appears to be with the Access Point as we can still load reports correctly from existing report URLs (I note that the URLs end with '&client=Plugin').

Does anyone know if this is a configuration problem or a bug in the Access Point?

Thanks,

Barnaby.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What Service Release of QVS11.20 are you running? If you do not know, open QMC and goto QMC->System->About. Scroll down until you encounter information about QlikView Server and look for the "Product Version". The version number can be translated into a SR.

IE11 is supported by QlikView Server from SR5 on. I suggest you upgrade your server to SR11.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What Service Release of QVS11.20 are you running? If you do not know, open QMC and goto QMC->System->About. Scroll down until you encounter information about QlikView Server and look for the "Product Version". The version number can be translated into a SR.

IE11 is supported by QlikView Server from SR5 on. I suggest you upgrade your server to SR11.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi,

IE 11 will support SR5 and higher version. Please upgrade accordingly.

Thanks,

AS

barnaby
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Peter for the reply (sorry, I have been out of action for a couple of months),

The Product Version according to QMC is 11.20.11922.0

The help file says "QlikView 11.20 SR8".

Since my original post, we have found that we can use the IE11 Enterprise Mode as a work around.

Cheers,

Barnaby.

Edit: One of the challenges has been to find the full version including the SR#. The help file launched from the console says 'QlikView Management Console, Version 11.20 SR2 (build 11922)', so it looks like an upgrade is in order.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Indeed, it's quite a challenge to find out which SRx your server is running. IIRC there is a list somewhere in the Resource Library of build numbers and Service Release numbers. An incomplete one can be found in this discussion: Client Build Number and version relation

11.20.11922 corresponds to QlikView 11.20SR2. SR8 has build number 11.20.12577