Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Non-matching intervals and bar/line graphs

Hi All

I'm working on completing an application. I have data from various non-SQL sources, some is reported at intervals of 5 minutes, some at intervals of 30 minutes and some that is only reported once a day.

I have created a Master Calendar with time intervals of every 5 minutes, which is all good. My issue stems from display on a graph. The attachment illustrates my issue (the two inconspicuous dots at the top left don't demonstrate the data very well). It is particularly a problem when a single day is selected. Ideally a horizontal line would be displayed instead of the dot.

I'm open to filling in the data within the day or any other solution, as long as I don't need to store 287 new rows for each row. This approach would make selecting hour and minute values in the calendar more useful, also. I looked at IntervalMatch but I don't think that is what I need, but it could be.

error loading image

Thanks,

Kevin

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I thought I'd give this one monday morning bump

Not applicable
Author

It can be something like this

Not applicable
Author

That doesn't quite have the desired effect - it breaks down when selecting an individual day and only shows daily data rather than data within a day. So it is the opposite in fact. Your approach is interesting though and I'm trying to tweak it for my purpose. I'm running into what I perceive to be performance issues when I attempt it with this sample file. I'm going to try an approach like this later in the afternoon on my file, since I wrote the calendar somewhat differently.

Not applicable
Author

I've aggregated data to most common interval - to Day Interval. if you want to see data in any interval, you should artificially purify the data for the lower level. Here is an example where I've applied average calculation for 30 min and 1 day chunks to derive it for 5 min chunks.