Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Setting parameters for selections (with a slider type tool)

Hi Qlik Community,

Was hoping someone could help me out. I tried using the slider for a non-date variable, specifically an expression calculating average price. How do I narrow down the data to show me customers that have purchased something with an average price of $100 to $200. Or $250 to $350. I would want to make these parameters easily adjustable, that's why I figured the multi-variable function in the slider tool would be ideal.

Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe with a multi value slider

and an expression, see image

1.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe with a multi value slider

and an expression, see image

1.png

Not applicable
Author

This worked great! Can you explain why you need the "aggr" function.

I was just trying to do avg(price) for the expression and it wouldn't return any results.

Thank you!

maxgro
MVP
MVP

aggr returns the average prices by customer

like the sql statement select customer, avg(price) from .... group by customer

you can use the price field in the slider if you want to filter by price

Not applicable
Author

Awesome, thank you so much.

Two more questions  if you don't mind.

1) Is there a way to clear the slider without clearing all the other criteria? For instance when I select price range of $50 to $100, the slider is narrowed down to that range only. How do I have it go back to displaying all the criteria without clearing the selections I have already made in my list boxes.

2) Is there a way to add minimums/maximums. For instance on a ecommerce site you may specify that you're looking for items with a $0 min price and a $100 max price. Or the $50-$75 range. Can we do that here as well? Or is the slider the only tool that would allow us to do that without having to select every value in between one by one.

Thanks so much again you are a life saver!