Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Binary Load Not Bringing in All Records

Hello Community,

I am getting an unusual result and want to know if anyone else is having similar issues.

I am using a binary load and upon inspection of the newly brought in table it has less rows than the initial table.

The initial table has 21,009,681 rows and the second table has 20,938,360.  I don't know if the size of the data set is playing a role. Any guidance would be great.

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any section access there?

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi JacobAnderson,

Try the same on new QVW. It may help you.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately no section access

Not applicable
Author

I have tried to perform a binary load on the first with a brand new QVW and I get the exact same count.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Do you get those same counts if you hover over the tables in the Table Viewer?

Not applicable
Author

Counts of the table keys in the text box in the front end in both QVs do not match the total row count in the table view. When hovering over the key fields in both application there is an information density of 100%. Oddly, counts of several non key fields do match the row count in the back end. The expression used in the text boxes is count(Field1)

In the text boxes, I am using count(field).  I am not using the distinct key word in any trouble shooting.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok, I think I  understand. You are counting a key field and getting different results?

How about if you compare a tablebox in each qvw with two fields:

$Table

$Rows

What I'm trying to confirm is if the physical row counts are different, or is it your calculated view that is producing different results.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all of the help Rob

Row counts in both QVWs while using $Table and $Rows do not match.  The first qvw has 12,517,005 and second qvw has 12,453,442

Not applicable
Author

These numbers match the count both the table view and the count of non key values, but do not match the count of key values.