Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelvinpatel
Contributor III
Contributor III

Remove Named Cals via script or automatically

We have dynamic cals enabled on Qlikview ver 9 and we use named cals which gets assigned when AD user access any dashbaord. Currently we only have 30% usage of total licenses per day therefore we clear the unsued licenses manually from QMC which has gone pass quarantine (UTC) time limit.

Is there a script or function in Qlikview to manage this automatically?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Not applicable

you can remove all calls . Calls are stored in .pgo files (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qvs and document folder ). so you have to stop qlikview service , remove pgo files and start service .

you must test this before put this in production.

shelvinpatel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply. I have read samething in another thread but I was trying to find out whether there is any better of way doing this.

I guess, this would be the simplest way.

Questions:

1. I have quite a few places the .pgo files but only on one folder has today's date as last modified date. So I guess they are the right one. There are four .pgo files: BorrowedCalData.pgo, CalData.pgo, TicketData.pgo and ServerCounters.pgo. The last one is three month old but remaining has today's date as last modified date. Do I need to delete all of them?

2. There are six services running, which one should I stop and restart?

Qlikview Directory Service Connector

Qlikview Distribution Service

Qlikview Management Service

Qlikview Publisher Command Centre Service

Qlikview Server

Qlikview WebServer

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable

Hi Shelvin,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am looking for an automatic way to clear borrowed licenses that are no longer being used as well. Thanks!

galrion82
Contributor III
Contributor III

Anybody found a solution to this problem? I tried deleting the pgo files, but it didn't work.