Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copying one QVW file to another

Hello experts,

i am trying to export one qvw file (whole structure including images, layout objects and data model) to another Qvw file.

I tried like file-->export document layouts.  i am able to successfully, but while importing into another qvw file it is giving so many xml files.  I selected one by one and finally nothing got imported.

Pls help on this issue.

Regards,

Kumar

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is there any specific reason why you do not make a copy of the model and rename it, then you can change your scripts etc. I have tried creating a model from the project folder, but I can't get it to work. You can do a search on the community for prj folder, there are a number of posts about it

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

You can just copy and paste sheet by sheet. Just for moving the variables, you can create an input box and add all variables and copythe input box, paste into the other document. Only the values you have to enter manually for the variables.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

To copy the Datamodel and data use Binary Loading like below in new file

BINARY FileName.qvw;

Now in new qlikview file you will get all the data and tables, now you have to copy all the charts in the sheets

Goto sheet 1 -> Press Ctrl+Shift + S and copy all the object and paste it in the new Qlikview file.

Likewise do the same for all the sheets.

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I did the same way ,but logos and current selection are not copied

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

try tis way,

1.use binary load to load ur data model with data and reload

2.for sheet objects: select Design grid option---ctrl+c --go to new document +ctrl v

3. do the step 2 if u have more than one tab.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

might be u missed to select all,tht's way if u select design grid option--then u come to know what are sheet objects are selected ..what not.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

How the logo is inserted?  It is in text object or set as a sheet background?  If it set as sheet background then apply the same setting sin new file.

Regards,

Jagan.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

HI Kumar

Are you trying to create an each duplicate of  the original qvw?

Andy

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If everything name then copy file and rename it to a new name, so that you will get all the objects.

Regards,

Jagan.