Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload QlikView document everyday except Sundays

My requirement is to reload a QlikView document one everyday of the week except Sunday.

How do I set up such a relaod on the QlikView server?

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please, i want to solve the same problem, but i use a batch file.

thnks

Not applicable
Author

I changed the document as mentioned. On the server side, I changed the reload schedule to 'None'. However, the server does not seem to recognize the schedule defined in the document.

Not applicable
Author

Please use the Advance button on the window schedular and check the repective days when you want to relaod the data.

Regards,

Ravi

Not applicable
Author

Please find the attached print screen.I think this will help you !

Regards,

Ravi

Not applicable
Author

Plz find the attached print screen for day setting.

Regards,

Ravi

Not applicable
Author

Ravi,

This screen is under Settings --> Document Properties --> Scheduler tab in the QlikView desktop client, right?

Not applicable
Author

Ravi,

I have changed settings in the 'Scheduler' tab of the desktop client and the 'Reload' tab on the server management console.

It still does not work.

Not applicable
Author

I appologize for misleading you. Apparently this only works when you are using the additional Publisher module. If you have purchased the QlikView server only, these settings are ignored.

The does not appear to be a straight forward option. Best bet would be to test for the day of the week in the script, and end the reload if running on Sunday. Other options would be available by using a different scheduler.

Not applicable
Author

HI there

I had a similar problem. My solution was to schedule the model to run 7 days a week, and then to have the following as the very 1st bit of code in the model to be executed:

let vCurrentDayOfWeek = weekday(now()); //6 = Sunday

If vCurrentDayOfWeek = 6 or vCurrentDayOfWeek = 'Sun' then

exit script;

end if

this will then result in the the model opening and closing before any other code is executed