Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribute Qlikviewplugin through GPO.

Goodmorning,

Because of the need of install/update the Qlikview-plugin om 30+ workstations and laptops every time our QV-server gets updated (on the 3rd of September, It'll be upgraded to 9.0 R5, ), I'm curious about the possibility to use GPO for this. I haven't done this earlier, so it's a little bit new for me (the update of the plugin was done earlier by hand, but I'm a little bit tired of doing this).

2 Questions right now:
Does Qlikview have a ready-to-use msi-installationpackage for the plugin? I only got a 'by hand' installer (.exe) now, what I can't use for distribution through our network.
Is there anyone who have this idea already working? I googled a lot yesterday, but found nothing regarding this question (asked it also on Twitter, but @Qlikview did point me to this forum).

Well, maybe there will be more questions later, but this is it for now 🙂

Thanks for reading (and maybe answering) this!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
in the "Qvs Reference Manual.pdf" guide present in the QVS documentation installation folder, Appendix D page 335, you may find step by step instructions for the distribution of Plugin thru an Active Directory GPO.
You may find the MSI + MST packages in the QVS installation folder "\Server\QvClients\QvPlugin", hope help.
Regards
corrado

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
in the "Qvs Reference Manual.pdf" guide present in the QVS documentation installation folder, Appendix D page 335, you may find step by step instructions for the distribution of Plugin thru an Active Directory GPO.
You may find the MSI + MST packages in the QVS installation folder "\Server\QvClients\QvPlugin", hope help.
Regards
corrado

Not applicable
Author

To answer your queston, yes, there is a .msi available for the IE Plugin.

You can use the .msi to distribute via network log in script.

You can find the .msi at-

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvClients\QvPlugin\QvPluginSetup.msi

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for helping me out. Someone on twitter gave me also the "Automating QlikView Plug-In Installation.pdf", so the question is resolved.

Both marked as verified.

Not applicable
Author

Hi johan,

Can you please share the file "Automating QlikView Plug-In Installation.pdf". I'm interested in doing similar thing. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Did you already got the pdf? Is it still needed (was on vacation)?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan,

I did not received it yet. i'll appreciate if you can share it. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I can upload the needed document tonight at my webspace, or do you want to get it by mail?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johan,

Anyway is fine. Just let me know how i can get it. Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi achille

You can download it from here