Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to give permission to new user in section access in qlikview?

Hi,

I have created application  using with section access  in qlikview.new user want to access the barcharts in  section access applicaton.I do not know how to give permission to new user  for  accessing section access application.I want to give  permission new user for accessing  application barcharts. pls tell me out how to give permission to new user for accessing section  application.in qlikview.

Thankyou,

Regards:

madhu

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi madhu

just add the new user credentials in the file or inline load where you have written between section access and section application then save the file and load it , then the new user will be added

Regards

qvhelpplease

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What does the Section Access code in your script look like? If it's a LOAD INLINE, replace the actual names with dummy names if you want.

Peter

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

From your question I gather that you have not written the section access script yourself. My suggestion is that you talk to the person who wrote the section access script for you, and ask for help changing the setup.

Not applicable
Author

In addition to the above.

First you need to locate the script that loads the Section Access data.

It is usually a Hidden script (password protected).

To get to the script. In Qlikview do the following :

1- Control+E (script editor opens)

2- File --> Edit Hidden Script

3- Enter the password and then you will have a visibility on the Section Access script.

Once you find the script you will have a better understanding of whats included and how.

Not applicable
Author

hello toni kautto,

I am madhu thankyou for your replying to me  .but I need your help toni. actually I am  asking interview question.that is how to give permission to new user in  section access.I do not know how to give permission to new user.pls tell me out with example. toni.see below example.how to give permission to new user.

this sectionn  my access.

load * inline [

access user id password

admin    admin    123

james     james    546

john        john      789

];

section applicaton

userid

admin   *,

James,envelops, furniture

john,  stationary

]

Not applicable
Author

thankyou qvhelp, but I do not know how to give credentials .can you  explain  or send with example pls qv help.

help me, new user name is Ram.

oad * inline [

access user id password

admin    admin    123

james     james    546

john        john      789

];

section applicaton

userid

admin   *,

James,envelops, furniture

john,  stationary

]

regards

madhu

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Have you looked at Introduction to Section Access ?

Section access provides a row level access to the application data. This means that the data is limited based on the user accessing the application. You can not grant users access to specific object based on section access.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your data and script example. Please attach a QVW file with your current Section Access setup.