Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I want to change y axis value as dimension

Barchart.pngHi friends,

I want to show the bar chart in y axis 've a date values and x axis 've a country value. pls any one tell this.....

8 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Abinesh,

change the order that your dimension are listed in , promote the 'date' value so that it's above 'Country'

HTH Andy

Not applicable
Author

yeah I tried that already but it automatically replace date into  country and vice versa. but I didn't  took the date as y axis value..........

Not applicable
Author

hi,

You can try to change orientation in style if it suits your requirement.

thanks

Khushboo

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I am not sure I follow on what you are trying to do. Can you provide a sample QVW and any screenshot of what you are trying to accomplish?

Y-axis int his bar chart are the aggregation results, meaning a value range between 0-80. You can not have a non-numeric value as the Y-axis, or do you have a suggestion on what that chart should look like?

For the X-axis values and legend values, you control that with the order of the dimensions in the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Toni Thanks to your response. I don't need y axis as a int value ie> 0-80, Instead of that I need date should be there. is it possible.........? then how......?

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I do not understand what you intend the chart to look like. Do you have any example image of a similar chart from some other program or webpage as reference?

If you have country as X-axis it means that you have your aggregation result scale on the Y-axis. What is your expression if dates become the Y-axis?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

How about transforming this into a Grid Chart? That chart type allows you to put a dimension on either axis, and show the result of the expression as a circular area that grows with the expression value.

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Or as a bunch of pies in a bakery

Grid Chart thread164350.jpg

This screenshot is from the document "Data Visualization.qvw" that is included with every QV Desktop Installation. It shows you how it's done.

Best,

Peter