Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeybird
Creator III
Creator III

Sort order "months" on Combo chart

Hiya

does anyone know hoe to sort months on a combo chart...

Qlik Sense... even tried moving the order of dimensions and no joy

have tried descending, ascending, numeric and even the following as an expression

if([Arrival Month]='Jan',1,if([Arrival Month]='A',2,3))

Oct is second and Feb is last

does anyone know how to fix it please?

Kind Regards

Joeybird

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

sorted x

used if([Arrival Month]='Jan',1,...if([Arrival Month]='Feb',2,  and so on and solved the issue.

Kind Regards

Joeybird

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I usually let the months sort themselves out. Can you try to explain why that doesn't work for you?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

no idea...sorting works fine if a bar chart...but combo chart no...tried everything...

i can order by alphabetically that works, but not numerically

is there away of amending the expression below to sort months

if([Arrival Month]='Jan',1,if([Arrival Month]='A',2,3))

or a straight forward order by "expression" for months please?

Kind regards

joeybird

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No idea. It's meaningless to me without context. I've never encountered a month 'A' before.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Hi Joanna,

I am a new user to QlikSense, so may have this totally wrong or be oversimplifying, but I recently posted a similar question for bar charts and discovered two things that helped me get months shorted chronologically:

1. Don't load month and year data separately from your data source.  Load a single date that includes month and year and order by this dimension (by dragging it to the top of your list in the 'data' menu of QlikSense).

2. If you are loading data from Excel, you will need to translate Excel's serial number format into something usable in QlikSense.  I used the formula date#(date(InvDate, 'MMM-YYYY'), 'MMM-YYYY') as Date which gave me my loaded dates but with just the Month and Year (no Day) and the correct ordering.  InvDate is the name of my Excel data field that contains the date I wanted.

My question is posted here if you want to check it out: How do I order months in a bar chart chronologically in QlikSense?

I hope this helps! 

Erin

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

sorted x

used if([Arrival Month]='Jan',1,...if([Arrival Month]='Feb',2,  and so on and solved the issue.

Kind Regards

Joeybird