Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l_palacios
Contributor III
Contributor III

How do you create a new folder in the "tasks" section of the qmc?

How do you create a new folder in the "tasks" section of the qlikview management console?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the QMC you go to Documents / User Documents and select the task for a document you want in a new "folder" which is really what is called a Category.

Then you select a Category where the Document should be assigned after a reload or you can fill in the field New Category - which effectively "creates a new folder". By assigning the first document to a Category you will see that Category (looks like a folder) in both the QMC and in the AccessPoint.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

i think thr is no direct way,u can try to schedule a job from reload tab..then u will get one folder with folder name as default,then from back end of file..where the reload jobs will store ..try to modify the folder name.

l_palacios
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Shiva. I have tried this but it does not let me rename the folder.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

imm...let see..some one may be answer this thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the Document Information tab of a Task, Type a New Category, Apply the Change and the a Task Folder of that name will be created and the Task put into it.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the QMC you go to Documents / User Documents and select the task for a document you want in a new "folder" which is really what is called a Category.

Then you select a Category where the Document should be assigned after a reload or you can fill in the field New Category - which effectively "creates a new folder". By assigning the first document to a Category you will see that Category (looks like a folder) in both the QMC and in the AccessPoint.

rajkumarb
Creator II
Creator II

HI

In the QMC Task Page, Goto Edit this Task by Clicking the pencil Symbol -> go to Document Information -> in Or Type a New Category Create your New Folder Name

Repeat this for all the dashboards you need to bring inside the new folder by step wise

Extraction.qvw

Transformation.qvw

Report.qvw

or you can do the Same in Source Documents-> Documents information Page

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

‌I am quite sure you got the answer so please mark the question as answered

l_palacios
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Peter, Thank you for your help. I finally was able to do this and it worked perfectly!!