Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paultribe
Contributor III
Contributor III

QVPR - configuring in multi-server environment for GD

Hi,

Our QMS service is running on our publisher server.  we have two QVS/IIS servers. when setting up the MultiCluster_UserConfig_Template do we populate  this line in the config file for each server even if it is pointing to the QVPR which is only on one server? or do we leave it as an empty string on the QVS server configurations?

SET vMultiCluster_QVPRPath_1 = '';    // Repository Path

Thanks in advance

15 Replies
paultribe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Joshua, Tyler,

I originally was using a multi-cluster configuration and was not getting data into the GD. Therefore, I switched to the userconfig method based on the advice provided to me.

I am not sure I understand the discussion points that Tyler has provided in item 2 below. I assumed that the configuration showing in the GD screenshots are read in from the userconfig file because I have not personally input them. Therefore that section is confusing. I thought the userconfig variables would be read in and processed by the code in the hidden script.

At this point it sounds like the best option is for me to see if I can configure the QVS servers to log on the QDS/file share server. I will try that today.

Thanks for your efforts so far and I will continue to keep this in the loop as it is a high priority for my leadership to get GD up and running correctly.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Tribe PMP

CIR Technical Lead | Global Technology Services

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited

Direct: 416-874-3762 | Mobile: 519-574-5854

ptribe@deloitte.ca<mailto:name@deloitte.ca>

www.deloitte.ca<mailto:www.deloitte.ca>

paultribe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi guys,

I was able to switch the logging for the QVS servers over to the QDS server (UKEMARTCCV752) and much progress has been made. Most sheets in the GD are now populating.

I still seem to have two gaps, one very important as it is the reason we currently require the GD

1) User log activity is still empty. Any ideas on that?

[cid:image013.jpg@01D0921A.A376C7E0][cid:image014.jpg@01D0921A.A376C7E0]

2) Some publisher data not displaying:

3)

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Paul Tribe PMP

paultribe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi guys,

Maybe this screen shot will help a bit from GD:

Paul Tribe PMP

paultribe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Question no longer relevant. by moving log file locations we are now using the standard configuration on the configuration tab.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

wahoo!

paultribe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tyler,

We found that when switching back from multi-cluster to user config and then finally to standard UI configuration two variables that govern the conditional display of the Audit log chart was being suppressed. The variables in this calculation:

(vServer1AuditLogFlag=-1 or vMultiCluster=-1) AND sum(Audit_Count)<=200001

we(vServer1AuditLogFlag=-1 or vMultiCluster=-1) AND sum(Audit_Count)<=200001

re not being updated. I toggled the ‘has audit’ button on configuration screen a couple of times and it did set the vServer1AuditLogFlag to -1. But we couldn’t get the vMulticluster variable to switch back. Therefore, I removed that variable from the condition so I could move forward.

Thanks for all your help in the forum and working with Jason.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Tribe PMP