Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Pop Up Help Box

Hello everyone

I'm in the middle of building a new support desk application and I was having a look at the Qlikview Help Desk Management Demo: QlikView Business Intelligence Software for IT Users | Qlik

I really like the pop-up help bubbles that appear when you click the help guide in the top right (see attached screenshot). I particularly like the "shoutout" style boxes and the way you can toggle help on and off.

Could someone tell me how I go about achieving this - in particular the shoutout style and the toggle action.

Thanks

Stu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

These are text boxes with a Shootout picture as background and the help text. Toggling can be done by setting the value of a variable using triggers with e.g. vShow >> if(vShow=1,0,1). This variable is then used in the conditional show of the textbox (help) object

View solution in original post

2 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

These are text boxes with a Shootout picture as background and the help text. Toggling can be done by setting the value of a variable using triggers with e.g. vShow >> if(vShow=1,0,1). This variable is then used in the conditional show of the textbox (help) object

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Piet that's a great explanation, I suspected they might be text boxes with background I was just wondering if there was some clever bit I may have missed - all I need to know to get on with it thanks again.