Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Navigating to any sheet in Qliksense

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build an app with N sheets and to have hyperlinks to navigate to any sheet from any given sheet. E.g. if I am in first sheet, I'll have links to navigate directly to 5th sheet or 6th sheet etc without having to click Next sheet icon multiple times. I don't want to use KPI or text object as these open the sheets in new tab/window. Looks like the extension it.HtmlBox can be used to embed any HTML code, so wondering if I could use it for achieving this, may be using a href or window.open (target _self) but not sure how to get the current page and sheet id to pass as parameters. Anyone has any suggestions for this?

Thanks much for the help.

Thanks

Shree

21 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In Qlik Sense, there is a Sheet selector in the upper right corner.  Isn't it what you want?

Not applicable
Author

Nope, not that one. It's for navigating to next/previous sheet, one at a time. I want to navigate to any sheet within the app in one click. e.g. say navigate to sheet 7 directly from sheet 1. I don't want to click the sheet navigator 7 times.

Thanks

Shree

Not applicable
Author

Sheet navigator shows some of the sheets alright. If my app has 20 plus sheets then it's bit of a challenge. Also user requesting for links in the page itself.

Thanks

Shree

Not applicable
Author

Shreevatsau,

That's not what Michael is talking about.  He is talking about the Sheet navigator in the upper right of the client.

Is there something wrong with using this to navigate sheets?

QSPT.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

This doesn't work perfectly when the app has more sheets (say 20 or more). Additionally user is interested in having either radio buttons or hyperlinks, so just wondering if there is any way of achieving it using extensions.

Thanks

Shree

Todd_Margolis
Employee
Employee

Another option is to turn the app into a web mashup. Then you can link to various sheets using html and javascript. For example, you easily could put each sheet on a tab using the jQuery UI tab widget. Or if you don't want to use jQuery or prefer not to use tabs, you can manually just set the CSS for the div containing each sheet (eg document.getElementById('sheet1').style.display = 'none'). Check out the workbench to quickly create the mashup.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I meant this one.

Not applicable
Author

ok,

I just whipped this up.  I think this is like what you are looking for.  You will have to take on styling it and making it more useful, but I believe it will do what you want.

It's not pretty but it will create an extension object and show the list.  You need to supply a dimension, but any dimension will do to make the sheet list render.

jg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks much Jeffrey. This is what I was looking for.

Thanks

Shree