Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikSense Point map blank background

Hi, I am new to Qlik Sense and I was trying out the point map. I could successfully add the Geokeys to the map object, but the back ground was blank. I tried using alternative sources of Slippy maps, but it remained blank. This was a problem regardless whether I was on Auto or Custom Map Service. Am I doing something wrong?why point map why.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Yun, that means that something is blocking network traffic for this desktop program, make sure your local firewall is turned off, or other virus software that may also have this blocking capability is disabled. You might have to add a rule to allow the ports, executables outbound access.

You may also have a proxy configured causing this problem. In your internet connect settings, make sure that bypass proxy for localhost connection is also checked: (iff applicable)

Let me know

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Yun,

Thanks for your questions - in Qlik Sense 1.1 - the map object is automatically configured to use MapBox OpenStreet slippy map servers - which require external / internet access.

1. Are you using Qlik Sense 1.1
  2. Does your machine have internet access to these external sources such as this for example:

http://c.tiles.mapbox.com/v3/qlik.a9f74321/1/0/0.png?access_token=pk.eyJ1IjoicWxpayIsImEiOiJwZHptbGw...

If the image tile does not come back to your browser then it is being blocked by a proxy or some other filter on your network / system.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Yes I am using Sense 1.1, and I can load the images from within my browser, just that when I put it in Qlik Sense it doesn't show up on my map object.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Yun,

ok let's try this.

Open a browser and go to http://localhost:4848/hub this will bring you to the same hub interface as if you were in desktop. Try creating the app and map object while in the browser mode and see if the background shows. If so then the problem might be with local firewall software preventing the desktop program from connecting to the Internet to retrieve the background tile from the tile server.

Let me know how you do

regards Mike

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

My connection the the localhost was refused. I think you are right that there is a firewall on my local network that is preventing the connection to the map server. I will try again when I get access to another network. Thanks very much for your help!

EDIT : I can access the localhost HUB right now, and the map does show up in the hub, but not the desktop client. What does this mean?

Regards,

Yun Zheng

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Yun, that means that something is blocking network traffic for this desktop program, make sure your local firewall is turned off, or other virus software that may also have this blocking capability is disabled. You might have to add a rule to allow the ports, executables outbound access.

You may also have a proxy configured causing this problem. In your internet connect settings, make sure that bypass proxy for localhost connection is also checked: (iff applicable)

Let me know

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I have certain settings that I do have to the rights to change, so I am unable to fully test everything that you have said. I have informed my network administrator to see what can be done for it.

Thanks,

Yun Zheng