Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display Current selection in text box

i want to display the current selection in text box. i tried Getcurrentselection(Agency_Name) = 'Selected  '

this is my field

List Box

Agency_Name

abc

bcd

cde

def

efg

so when i select an agency it should display me as Agency Selected in a text box

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you use GetCurrentSelections(), you do not specify filed, it shows all fields selections.

For one field, use GetFieldSelections(Agency_Name)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Do you want to append ' Selected' to the list of selected agencies?

Then use the string concatenation operator &:

=GetFieldSelections(Agency_Name) & ' Selected'

Not applicable
Author

you might also want to make sure that if there is no value selected the text does not appear.

another expression u could use

=if(isnull(getfieldselections(Agency_Name))<>-1, 'Agency Selected: ' & getfieldselections(Agency_Name))

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

GetFieldSelections() will return a string that look like in the current selections object. This means that it will look like the actual search string, if your seleciton is search based. It will also turn into "9 of 152" format when you select multiple values and the seleciton string is too long to display.

If you want to show the actual selected or posible values in the text object, you need to use Concat() function instead.

=Concat(DISTINCT Agency_Name, ', ')

If you only want to show the values when there is a selection you need to find a logic for that.

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections(Agency_Name)), Concat(DISTINCT Agency_Name, ', '), '')

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

You can replace

IsNull(GetFieldSelections(Agency_Name))<>-1

with

Not IsNull(GetFieldSelections(Agency_Name))