Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aritting
Creator
Creator

I've developed my QDF application. Now how is the best way to deploy it to a qlikview server?

What is a good way of getting my Qlikview Development framework application on the qlikview server?  If I make the top level folder browsable I get too may qvw files visiable on the website.

How do I display only the qvw file that I want to publish?

3 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Andrew, you have to link folder 1.Application or add a sub folder under 1.Application in container/containers. How to admin QDF in QMC is available in the Operations Guide.

Best regards

Magnus

aritting
Creator
Creator
Author

I've looked through the operations guide and specifically the section for qlikview deployments without publisher.

I've listed the containers lowest level application folder as browsable.

Then I added the top most folder with all the containers as non browsable.  This last part differs from the recommendation of the operations guide which suggest putting the container as the root.However, I'm using a subfolder for 1000.System that has all my source system qvd generator applications. With this method there is only one path to drill down to create all the document reload schedules.

kace.jpgqlikview qdf server.jpg

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Andrew, the framework is initially intended to use the publisher. When not having a publisher you need to keep the container architecture simple and consolidate applications into a fewer number of containers, so you don't have to add every single folder into qvs. But I think you already understand this Cheers

Magnus