Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rido1421
Creator III
Creator III

Section Access

Hi There

Something is not working correctly in my section access.

My qlikview user is peterz.

when reloading with the below section access applied.

my user peterz can only see CODE_2   A12.

According to my script, peterz must have access to all CODE_2

it seems as if all other users can also only see A12

for now it seems like kevin can see only A12 CODE_2s linked to COST_CENTRE 2101.

he needs to see all CODE_2s for COST_CENTRE 2101

Your assistance is appreciated.

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME, COST_CENTRE, CODE_2
USER,DOMAINNAME\Johna , *, A12
USER, domainname\peterz ,*, *
USER, domainname\paulo ,*,*

USER, domainname\kevinw , 2101,*

];

Section Application;

29 Replies
avinashelite

OK can you please post your section application code...

FYI:

section will control the access to the document , data access will be taken care in section application code, we are miss that here, please post that.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

If you want to give domainname\peterz all access change it ACCESS from USER to ADMIN.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

The position of the reduction field does not matter. However, if you have multiple reduction fields there is an increased risk that you have not predicted the outcome correctly.

Also keep in mind that the reduction values must be in upper case, in both the reduction field in section access table and in the data table.

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Toni

From What I have read on previous posts, the Lower case and upper case make a difference when loading from QVD... There are many users so im just afraid how long it will take for me to change to upper case... Do you think it will definitely have an impact?

Thank you I was not aware what * meant I thought it means all data.

is <ALL Values> a system field?

Thanks you.

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Avinash

That was my initial script...

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I doubt that you have so many users in the QVD that it will make a significant performance difference.

<All VALUES> is just a syntax I commonly use to indicate that I expect to get all values. To me this signals a clear intention with the reduction value, compared to leaving the field blank. If you accidentally load a blank value, the blank field would not represent all, but the actual blank value.

This is an effect of how the reduction value is applied. See my post on Section Access: Strict Exclusion for an example of why an non-existing value returns all values.

avinashelite

OK try something like this:

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME, COST_CENTRE, CODE_2
USER,DOMAINNAME\Johna , *, A12
USER, domainname\peterz ,*,*
USER, domainname\paulo ,*,*

USER, domainname\kevinw , 2101,*

];

section application;

Load * inline

[

NTNAME,COST_CENTRE, CODE_2

DOMAINNAME\Johna , *, A12
domainname\peterz ,*,*
domainname\paulo ,*,*

domainname\kevinw , 2101,*

];

avinashelite

refer this document

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

check is data splitted properly across your section access condition. i mean there should not be any left out data which will not match any of scetion access data. and also check is there any null values in the section access given data.in your case that must be cost center and code_2

rido1421
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you this seems to work really well.

I am still testing it . but it seems to be working correctly