Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Navigating to any sheet in Qliksense

Hello everyone,

I am trying to build an app with N sheets and to have hyperlinks to navigate to any sheet from any given sheet. E.g. if I am in first sheet, I'll have links to navigate directly to 5th sheet or 6th sheet etc without having to click Next sheet icon multiple times. I don't want to use KPI or text object as these open the sheets in new tab/window. Looks like the extension it.HtmlBox can be used to embed any HTML code, so wondering if I could use it for achieving this, may be using a href or window.open (target _self) but not sure how to get the current page and sheet id to pass as parameters. Anyone has any suggestions for this?

Thanks much for the help.

Thanks

Shree

21 Replies
Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

currently what jog‌ is describing is the only way you can achieve the required functionality easily. We are looking into extending the Client APIs in a way which would allow you to jump to a specific sheet/next sheet etc. by just using a single API call. But as of now this is not part of the official APIs.

Regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hello all,

I cleaned this example up a bit and made it a dropdown list.  In addition, a dimension is no longer required to make the visualization extension render properly.  Just drag and drop and poof you will have a dropdown list of sheets in the app that when selected will navigate to that page.

Here is the link to the project on Branch: sheetList dropdown list extension

jg

Not applicable
Author

Excellent. Thank you so much Jeffrey.

Thanks

Shree

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeffrey,

One quick question. How can we know the name of the current sheet opened (e.g. value.qData.title gives the title of the sheets but want to know the title of the current sheet open). Idea is to avoid displaying that in the listbox/dropdown for navigation as it's already open.

Thanks

Shree

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is in the upper right corner, to the right of "Edit" button.  The sameI suggested to select sheets

Not applicable
Author

in the javascript, match the sheet id in the url to the value in the listbox and don't add it.  Make it part of the $.each.

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

‌Hi,

have a look at https://github.com/stefanwalther/sense-navigation ...

Hope this helps and is what you were searching for ...

Regards

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shree,

if you want navigate particular Sheet then you can use this function

paint: function ( $element, layout ) {

//add your rendering code here

function(){

qlik.navigation.gotoSheet('SheetID');

}

}

Regards,

Sai Madhu

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shree,

It is possible to navigate the sheets means one sheet to another sheet , using the sheetID then only it will be navigate

eg: qlik.navigation.gotoSheet('SheetID'); this method will be useful for navigate Specific sheet.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Madhu

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shree,

If you want to get the sheetID  goto the  Hub  http://localhost:4848/dev-hub/  and Click it the Single Configure and select particular App then its showing list of Sheet and then select any sheet , that particular sheetID display as Shown in bleow picture

single id.png

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Madhu