Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

How to make straight tables snap back to full size after selections?

Hi,

I repeatedly have the issue that when I have a straight table with a length of, say, 12 rows (to show without a vertical scroll_bar) and then I make a selection so there is only one to display, the table shrinks, that is quite correct.

<=> When I take the selection off, there are again all 12 to display, but still the table stays small.

=> Is there a way to force the table to snap back to the required length?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Data,

can't say I have come across this, just tested on a dummy application and looks to expand back as expected.

As another option can you maybe untick your size to data option and fix the chart at the desired size.The rows will still flex inside but you won't get the table shrinking

Joe

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Data,

can't say I have come across this, just tested on a dummy application and looks to expand back as expected.

As another option can you maybe untick your size to data option and fix the chart at the desired size.The rows will still flex inside but you won't get the table shrinking

Joe

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Joe,

well, it doesn't seem to happen every time - just sometimes, that's what makes it so strange.

I have come across that option, too. Then the table does look a  bit funny with a white background and just one row of data, but that can be helped in a way by making the background_colour dependent on whether or not the fixed size of the table is filled by records or not.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

strange, if you nail down some instance where it is occurring more often that would be good to know, like I say not one I have spotted.

Yea it's personal preference on the charts, I actually prefer that option, so that objects lined up together always stay uniform and neat (I'm a bit OCD )

glad to help anyway

Joe

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Joe,

well, I also like to make sure the objects that I have lined up in a way so the total will look neat ("sexy" is the word everybody seems to love using) stay that way and can't move or be moved.

Luckily, I just learnt from @Andrew Whitfield a great way to lock my app for user_access so no one can mess around with it - without explicitly typing the name of every single possible user into my SA.

Not applicable

good stuff something like a global macro to just disable the movesize property on all objects before you save?