cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhanai
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Roadmap of Data Connectivity for Qlik Sense

Qlik Sense has standard connectivity for data, I think.

However, Tableau has broaden connectivity rather than Qlik Sense like follows;

Google Analytics

Google BigQuery

Hadoop

Amazon Redshift

Hadoop

HP Vertica

Salesforce

SAP

Splunk

In addition, most of these connectivity are provided as standard function in Tableau...

Customers are now interested in broaden data connectivity for BI.

I would like to know how Qlik expand Qlik Sense connectivity in the near future.

Please tell me Qlik strategy for data connectivity.

9 Replies
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Connectors for Qlik Sense are in the plan, and some sorts of connectivity enhancement is also in the roadmap, which makes various connectivity choices looks more as default features to users. Hopefully, somebody on the product management side could make some comments. 

Masaki

mhanai
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hamano-san,

Thank you for your information.

Sounds great! I'm thrilled to have update from your product management team!

Masaki Hanai

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I believe most of the QvSource QVSource - The QlikView & Qlik Sense API Connector (Home) connectors work with Sense as well?

-Rob

mhanai
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your information.

Yes, I know QVSource is available for both QlikView and Qlik Sense.

I would like to you the Qlik plan for broaden connectivity as Qlik native & default function.

Masaki Hanai

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Time for Qlik to acquire QVSource to bolster their lack of connectivity

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Masaki,

So SAP, Salesforce and BigQuery are on the roadmap. The connectors already exists, we just need to build the dialogs in the Sense client. You can leverage the QlikView connectors for Sense also however you currently don't get the same scripting support.

For Hadoop we have several options, ODBC for Hive, Impala, JethroData etc etc
It usually depends on which existing infrastructure you have around your Hadoop cluster.

Splunk has a ODBC driver so yes we support that also.

Google Analytics is a little bit trickier, QV Source as mentioned in the thread already has a good connector for it and there are some open source alternatives. I would however recommend QV Source as their data model will give you a HUGE boost in productivity as GA's metrics can be very hard to decipher.

Now we are looking into bundling drivers for specific systems BUT that is already freely available drivers.
If you look at some of our competitors, it's a very smart marketing move to bundle free ODBC drivers as it makes them appear to have lots and lots of connectivity options but in reality it's good ol' standard ODBC

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

i would say learn from the competitors even IF they offer standard ODBC with build in dialogs.

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Which I do believe we demoed a prototype of at Qonnections...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Masaki -

We actually wrote our own Splunk connector for Qlik. Please take a look at the links below for more information:

Thanks,

Steve