Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to display the dashboard Qlikview into a web page

hello experts,

how can the leaders consult the dashboard?

I wanted to display my dashboard into a web page, any ideas please?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
buzzy996
Master II
Master II

no issue,

wht ever u developed on ur local/personal machine with out license that's not possible to see from different box(tht's the problem with personal edition with out license).

ur above explanation is right,once u have created a single app,then u have deploy on web..then many users can access(for tht u need to give access to others---> first u should have QliKView enterprise or Small business edition server,if u have than-- u can apply ur company license on ur local box(temporaly--if u want to save the time for time being)..and copy that app into ur server location--and assign CALS to the users,to whom u have to provide access)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you running a QV server (e.g. a Small Business or Enterprise Edition)?

A server is required for publishing QV apps to browser clients.

Or are you specifically asking for a kind of mashup?

QlikView Mashup Examples & Documentation (QlikTip #48)

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Faty:

Some few question to understand what do you want:

• Do you develop your dashboard in qlikview desktop and now you want to put in the web?
    • You have to put in the acces point through the qmc(Qlikview Management Console) that is what help you to put your documents in the web and be accesible for the users.
    • The QMC is active when you install Qlikview Server, did you install?
    • You have license? because you need to assing license to the users that you want to see the documents online
    • There is some kinds of license, depends on the server that you have(Small business Edition or Enterprise Edition)
    • See this for the type license: https://community.qlik.com/thread/114201
    • In the QMC you have an option to set the root folder of the applications, all document that you put in the root folder will be available for the users, see this:Source and User document folder; http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-folder-structures/

Hope helps, Fernando

Not applicable
Author

yes i develop it in qlikview desktop so i am asking how can I display it in a web page,

and another question, if u have qlikview licence in a entity in a big company, can the other people in the other entites see the reporting without having the licence in their entity ?

I have a problem I did a project with Qlikview who gives report, chart ...  and I did the same thing in a web application where u can chose the KPI and it gives u the adequate chart. This is my final year project,

But the problem is my  jury asked me why I did the same project in two different ways and I said to that qlikview needs licence if u want to see the reporting made by Qlikview.. So trhe app can be used in those who cant see the report because they(entities) dont have the licence So which licence that not allowed other persons to see the dashboard except the one who has qlikview's licence ?

Or find me a lie haha

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

u have to clarify,

are u having the QlikView server?

Not applicable
Author

well I am having qlikview in my own laptop so it is a free version after that i will create the same app in the company server because they have  qlkview's licence but i dont know which kind of licence they have. And I added also a web application with .net and VB that where u can import a file and chose the KPI and then see the charts, but my jury asked me why did I thought about doing an app who display chart that r already in the qlikview app I said that this dashboard is about all the entites that exist in the world and some entities they cant see the dynamic dashboard but just snapshat or can get PDF file so i thought about an app which can be used everywhere.

Now I need to know which kinf of Qlikview licence that not allowed other users(the ones they dont have qlikview licence) to see the dynamic report ?

sorry my english is bad i am a french person sorry.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

no issue,

wht ever u developed on ur local/personal machine with out license that's not possible to see from different box(tht's the problem with personal edition with out license).

ur above explanation is right,once u have created a single app,then u have deploy on web..then many users can access(for tht u need to give access to others---> first u should have QliKView enterprise or Small business edition server,if u have than-- u can apply ur company license on ur local box(temporaly--if u want to save the time for time being)..and copy that app into ur server location--and assign CALS to the users,to whom u have to provide access)

Not applicable
Author

Ok thank you i was just asking for a something to say to convice them why I thought about a .net app, i didnt know how things work with QLikview how other users can could see the dashboard. thanks