Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Can I combine 2 QVD into one ?

Hi All

I have 10 QV doc which of.the QV Doc have about 20 Tab for script .

I have combine all QV Doc into 1 , so now my QV Doc have about 200 Tab. This QV DOC file name = A.QVW

And I create another QV doc which is only for chart & table File name = B.QVW

Now I use B.QVW read A.QVW generated QVD file.

All working fine Except that I find it hard to maintenance , because :-

1. Too many tab

2. I want to manage individual QV doc

So now I like to create the 10 QV doc into 10 QVD and make use of B.QVW to read the 10 QVD file.

My questions it is possible ?

Paul

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

A QVD can store one table.

It's depending of your data (model) if you can concatenate / append two tables to create one, but in general, you would need a QVD per table.

So if your 10 QVWs generate approx. 200 QVDs, I would suggest to generate a QVW to create your data model, then binary load this QVW in your B.QVW to add charts and UI.

It might be good not to add all 10 QVWs into one A.QVW, so you can run them in parallel, if possible.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

In case Does I have few island calendar can be combine into one ? For example P&L and sales table each have one island calendar .

Paul

Sent from my android device.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you talking about and island calendar not connected to your e.g. sales table? Or a master calendar?

I think (without knowing too much about your data model(s)), using a single QVD for a master calendar should be possible. Though, I think it wouldn't change much, except maybe removing some redundant files from the disk.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

I enclosed my QV Doc , which have many tab , and data table very messy.

My concern now is if i break out the QV doc into few QV doc , so each QV Doc will have their master calendar.

when i try to combine all QV doc into one , i worry when all master calendar combine into one , i am not sure will cause any issue ?

( By the way i still remember you have help me solution one of my qyestion posted related to using QV for P&L ? Do you still remember ? , i alway remember you , because that was the most diffcuilt question which i encounter and solve by you.)

Paul