Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Complete End User Guide to the completely new to qlikview

Hi all,

Can I get complete End user guide to a non - technical users who can just login to access point. 

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Veeki

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IMHO it often proves to be a better approach when you add the classical Qlik intro tab to your document or give your end-users the 3-minute training (in group), and you write a slightly longer document that introduces the bussiness logic and analysis techniques in this particular BI document. The creation of such an introduction can often be delegated to the (key-)user that has been involved in the creation/design/development/testing of the QVW-document.

The old intro tab looks like this. It has one exceptional advantage: initially, the right side is completely empty. You add live fields and charts from your document so that they can play with the real stuff...

:Qlikview How-To Sheet.JPG

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Veeki,

I dont have one. But what you can do is copy paste or modify the 'How To' sheet from the attached qvw to  your dashboard.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

IMHO it often proves to be a better approach when you add the classical Qlik intro tab to your document or give your end-users the 3-minute training (in group), and you write a slightly longer document that introduces the bussiness logic and analysis techniques in this particular BI document. The creation of such an introduction can often be delegated to the (key-)user that has been involved in the creation/design/development/testing of the QVW-document.

The old intro tab looks like this. It has one exceptional advantage: initially, the right side is completely empty. You add live fields and charts from your document so that they can play with the real stuff...

:Qlikview How-To Sheet.JPG

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

I agree and here is the latest 'How To' sheet in the dashboard attached

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As already said, you can use the given exemples of 'how to' but you can't get a complete document for a non - technical user as it will be different for each QlikView document.

You will have to make your own one.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thank you verymuch. I guess i Can use your simple image as a basic guide with some modification

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, that would add too much stuff that shoudn't be there. I'll check if I can find an empty image (without fields and without frame).

Just a moment...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I've got an even better solution for you.

Download Siva's document called How to get started.qvw, below. Open it in QV Desktop and copy Text Object TX2377.to the clipboard. Open your own document, create a new sheet and paste the text object. Add the necessary listboxes and charts (use my picture above for an example layout) and add a frame. Done!

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

i Couldn't find any qvw attached with your post..!!!

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you viewing this thread on a mobile platform or in your Inbox? Attachments will only show up in the original thread.

Best,

Peter