Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspawar88
Creator II
Creator II

Positive and Negative Values on Bar chart

Hi mto,

I have Database of Icecream Industry.

i'll show positive and negative values of temperature on Bar chart in Qlik sense.

I have

a) Created Date (e.g.  01/01/2015, 01/02015, 01/03/2015)

b)Temperature ( it contains positive and Negative Values e.g. -23,-24,-25,30,31,17)

but when i add those in Bar chart, it shows negative values below X axis and Positive values up on the X axis.with respect to Created Date. But requirement is to show negative values up on the X-axis. How can it possible in Qlik sense1.1.

suppose i want to show only negative values but up on the X-axis. how it would be happen?

also requirement for both positive and negative values so how can it possible in Bar chart two show those values in good way?

or is it any another Chart which suits for such type of data?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Satish,

with FABS(expression) you can bring the neg. values on the upper half of the x-axis (together with the pos. values).

The problem is to get the minus sign in front of this values, because you can't enter an expression in the format pattern field etc.

The only way to bring both together would be to create two measures (one for pos & one for neg values) but also means that pos. & neg. bars are slightly offset & in the popup label both measures are visible.

Capture.PNG

blue= neg. values (incl. "-" in the popup label)

red= pos values

I am not sure if there is better solution to achieve what you need at the moment in QSense.

Regards,

Ronny

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

i loaded some data in the load editor as follows:

load * inline [

CreatedDate,Temperatur

1/1/2015,-20

2/1/2015,-10

3/1/2015,-5

4/1/2015,5

5/1/2015,10

6/1/2015,20

];

And was able to get the desired output using the following calculated dimension and measure:

Dimension:  if( aggr(sum(Temperatur),CreatedDate) < 0 ,CreatedDate)

...ensuring 'show null values' is unchecked

Measure:   Sum( if( Temperatur<0,fabs(Temperatur)))

The chart and table on the top row below is the native data.

The 2nd row has just the negatives showing as positives.

Capture.PNG

sspawar88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

But if i only want to show negative values up on the X-axis. with their Minus(-) sign.

Is it possible?

How can we show axes with negative scale up on the X-axis in Qlik sense.?

i have multiple positive, Negative and zero values also.

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Satish,

with FABS(expression) you can bring the neg. values on the upper half of the x-axis (together with the pos. values).

The problem is to get the minus sign in front of this values, because you can't enter an expression in the format pattern field etc.

The only way to bring both together would be to create two measures (one for pos & one for neg values) but also means that pos. & neg. bars are slightly offset & in the popup label both measures are visible.

Capture.PNG

blue= neg. values (incl. "-" in the popup label)

red= pos values

I am not sure if there is better solution to achieve what you need at the moment in QSense.

Regards,

Ronny

sspawar88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

How can I Eliminate zero Temperature values from Chart?

Have any way to do it?

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Satish,

e.g. 1 only has a neg. value and also a 0 value for second expression (pos. temperature).

As soon one of the two expressions has a value <>0 , both will be displayed on the graph.

You can't eliminate the zero value of just one of the expressions. both or non.

I think there is not a hundred percent solution for your requirements at the moment in Qlik Sense.

1) You can achieve only 1 bar per dimension value, if you can replace "-"sign by color, etc.

2) You can achieve "-" for neg. values in popup label but then you have 2 bars per dimension value (single zero value can't be eliminate)

Regards

Ronny