Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to do Sorting in Pivot table?

Hello,

I am new in qlikview, can any one tell me how to do sorting in pivot table,for following scenario

I wanted to sort the prd group of each division in descending order of there total ytd value...

aaa.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Chart->property->sort->select dimension Product Group->sort->Expression->write expression of total ytd value

and select descending.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Friends, Can any one give me solutions of this - - -....?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I don't think you can do sorting in Pivot table, it's kind of limitation in this. Still attach your app, let me find some work around.

Regards,

Navdeep

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Chart->property->sort->select dimension Product Group->sort->Expression->write expression of total ytd value

and select descending.

Regards

Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Hu Pawar,

sorting in Pivot table is possible only based on the dimensions and it can be done only through chart properties>Sort window alone.

You can sort using expression ....

Ramya.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Use sorting with expression to handle this

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sujeetsingh,

We can sort using Expression in pivot table,

try like this:---

=Rank(aggr(Expr to be sort,all dimensions))

Example: Rank(Aggr(Sum(Sales),Year,Quarter,Month)) here Sum(Sales) is the expression to be sorted and year,Quarter,month are the dimensions used in pivot table

Not applicable
Author

Thanxxx.... alot...

PrashantSangle

Welcome..

Did you get required result??

If yes then close thread, If not then let me know.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Yes..