Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authentication using SMS pass phrases or security questions

Are there additional options we can use with QlikView/Access Point besides Section Access to provide more than this single layer of authentication?  Specifically, I'm wondering if it's possible, once the user is past Active Directory authentication, to then be prompted for a pass phrase which would be sent as a text on a mobile device to the user.  If so, how is this done?  If not, are there any options available for multiple layer authentication?  Thanks.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think this won't be possible in a sensible way then it are only these two ways implemented and all attempts to implement a further way would be more insecure as without them. But with section access you could control more as the user and password, for example the domain, the machine and os on.

Introduction to Section Access

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

I would be looking to use Section Access (and Active Directory with that) in combination with this second means of authentication...in case I didn't make that clear. 

Not applicable
Author

There is nothing more Qlik can provide.  Our client did find an inexpensive 3rd party tool to accomplish his goal.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Kristin,

I am also implementing qlikview here in the Philippines and our company would like to have this functionality as well can  you help me out to what kind of 3rd party tool your client used.

Not applicable
Author

My company is still researching a solution but the tool the client wanted to use is called DuoSecurity (www.duosecurity.com).  At this time we are still not sure if we need to ALSO build a UI to use in combination with this 3rd party tool, for example building a .Net app to serve as the login page which then will work with DuoSecurity and Qlik.  I can share more as I learn more (and try to explain it as best as I can as this techy stuff is outside my knowledge zone).  And if you have any success with a solution, I'd love to hear it.  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We are almost ready with our application for SMS validation but we used web ticketing to complete this I will try to share some inputs once this runs. Hopefully it runs.