cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

lease license issue

Hi,

Till yesterday i was able to work on leased license system, but today its personal edition again.

I have tried multiple times to lease it again but no luck.

When i am trying to open a dashboard as Open in Server then select dashboard then it is working. but not for all dashboards.

Looking for suggestions, what could be the reason for it.

Thanks

Manish Madan

20 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Manish,

it does sound a little odd, as if you have leased a licence correctly, it's your for 30 days, check out the attached , it may provide a few pointers.

It is possible that yesterday was the last day of your 30 day lease, so today it needed to be leased again, but there are no licences available. Check there's a cal available to be leased and that your user is in the specified list / group or that dynamic cal assigned is enable if applicable.

ANDY

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,

I have not leased license on any third machine, even if it is the case it can't be the case with multiple users at the same time. We have 100+ licenses available.

Any other ideas.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Are the 100+ Named User Cals OR Document Cals?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you trying to lease a license from a Test Server? If so it will not work.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

We lease licences based on "User ID" rather than PC, which gets around the multiple PCs issue. We have a setup of a Dev and Prod server and I find that I have to try and lease the licence from both the Dev and Prod server, by just opening a doc in each. It usually works!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Claire,

Yes, usually it works.

But for us it is still not working

Thanks

MM

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You never answer my question if the license was a test license. If you look at the LEF and any of there lines are in it you will not be able to lease a license

LICENSE_LEASE;NO;;

SPECIAL_EDITION;EVALUATION;;

TEST_EDITION;YES;;

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I am sorry, License is leased from prod server.

In LEF i could not see any of the above line. it working properly earlier.

All of sudden it stopped, there were few users who were able to work earlier their 30 days lease expired and they too can't use now.

Thanks

Manish Madan

Giuseppe_Novello

Manish,

Are you using a virtualisation environment like Citrix? Citrix can impersonate different UUIDs and that can cause you issue. In other words, when you lease a license same machine but the UUID might change and QVS would thing you are trying to lease from different machines ( which you are only allow 2 machines / name CAL).

Best way is to check the QMC>system>license>Qlikview server license> History, see if you have 2 different entries there.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Issue fixed with the help of Qliktech support.

Gio,

Issue was exackly same.

Thanks

Manish