Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

[ASK] how to make more then 1 user access my qvw?

hello..

i have a problem that makes me confuse

i've tried to upload the qlikview file on my own server

but when more then 1 person access the file from the lan, another person lost connection

how to set the server so every qlikview file able to open by more then 1 person?

many thx...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, it's because of the license. Change is allowed in the web page, but as it's not allowed by the license, it returns to its original state. I guess you probably have the small business edition, anyway check that with your sales rep. He can check that.

Regards.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

You can Assign Authorization on Documeny To Multiple user in Qlikkview enterprise Management Console.

Not applicable
Author

@Sunil

hello Sunil..

it doesn't work

i've tried : start -> all programs -> qlikview -> qlikview enterprise management consol

on QEMC : document -> [select a qvw file] -> max concurrent sessions = 13

but it's still not working

suniljain
Master
Master

Dear

Pls Go Through Attached Screen Shot where you can assign multiple user to access Yoor QVW file.

Still If you have any confusion pls reply me.

Regards

Sunil

Not applicable
Author

hello Sunil..

why my QEMC is different then urs?

i dont have authorization tab

mine is like this pic below :

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Kribo,

The Authorization tab appears when QlikView manages the user access, instead of using active directory or some other directories supported. DMS Authorization is only available in the QlikView Enterprise Edition. If that's your case, go to the QlikView Enterprise Management Console, Setup, select your server, go to the "Security" tab in your right pane, and check "DMS Authorization". You have to apply changes.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

hello Miguel

everytime i change the authorization from NTFS to DMS, it will always back to NTFS everytime i apply change

why is it happen?

is it because the license?

thx..

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, it's because of the license. Change is allowed in the web page, but as it's not allowed by the license, it returns to its original state. I guess you probably have the small business edition, anyway check that with your sales rep. He can check that.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel

how do i know what kind of license that i use?

and what kind of license do i need to make that able to do?

thx..

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As far as I know, it depends on the volume and type of licenses, check server manual pp. 218 "Editions of QlikView Server".

Contact your sales representative for more accurate information about your licensing.