cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Circular reference trap! Slowly Changing Dimension Type 2 and Snapshots

Hi everybody. I've been asked to develop an Academy model that includes:

1. A Plan sheet that tells which job requires which course to be done with a certain frecuency. This Plan has snapshots because it can change through time

2. A Staff db  which tells you which person has which job. This Staff has snapshots because it can change through time.

3. An Attendance sheet that tells you which person attended which course on what date.

My problem is that I have two slowly changing dimensions type 2, and I got stuck in a circular reference from which I can't escape!

Additionally, if I match the snapshots I get information thats not aaditive, case in which i can't calculate KPIs involving duration of courses.

Any help?

2015-05-28_9-12-52.png

4 Replies
uroboros
Creator
Creator

you has tried concatenate Attendance with PLan or Staff?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daiana

as far i understand, stat date and end date don't mean the same in different tables

so break this link naming dates differently according table like plan_startdate, and staff_strat_date  (as weel for end date)

best regards

chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Start and End are not linked, this was a basic example. Staff and Plan Tables are linked by Field Job, Plan and Attendance by field Course and Attendance and Staff by field Person. Start and End are there so that i can interval match the right staff with the right plan.

De: christianj

Enviado el: jueves, 28 de mayo de 2015 15:52

Para: Daiana Rossignol

Asunto: Re: - Circular reference trap! Slowly Changing Dimension Type 2 and Snapshots

<https://community.qlik.com/resources/images/palette-1004/headerLogo-1391206184624-QlikCommunity_logo.gif>

Not applicable
Author

Can you provide the qvw ?