Is it possible to trigger QMC task using batch file,

My  enviromment is QV11 with both publisher and server

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, you can use an EDX trigger for this.

You can create the EDX trigger using the command line tool attached to this blog post:

Using EDX in QlikView 11

View solution in original post

11 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Yes, you can use an EDX trigger for this.

You can create the EDX trigger using the command line tool attached to this blog post:

Using EDX in QlikView 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Swuehl, but apart from EDX trigger is there any other way. I heard like it is possible through batch file. but not sure how to do that.

John

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What about calling the command line tool attached to the EDX post using a batch file?

Sorry, I may not understand what you want to achieve.

jcamps
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi, we are doing exactly that, maybe this can help you.

First, download and install the Power Tools (download here). For the following example we suppose they are at C:\PowerTools.

Then, use the following code to your batch file:

C:\PowerTools\QMSEDX\qmsedx.exe -task="Reload of MyDoc.qvw" -timeout=500 >> %LOG_FILE%

if ERRORLEVEL 1 echo *** ERROR RELOADING %1 >> %LOG_FILE%

jcamps
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

BTW, I really recommend that you read and get to know the Power Tools. I solved plenty of situations thanks to those tools!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think QMSEDX is part of the Power Tools download. QMSEDX is available for download at the link swuehl posted above.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks one and all for your Support, Yes Rob , Swuehl got it right...I was little bit misguided with other information.

By the way does QMSEDX tool is an authorised product by Qliktech...

John

jcamps
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Wow Rob, you are everywhere !

You are right, I downloaded it maybe a year ago and added it to the same PowerTools path. Sorry Arthur Lee for the misdirection!

I wish the QlikView ecosystem was a little more packaged: powertools, the many Document Analizer QVW and the like, the QVC, the JMeter based Scalability center tools... takes some time to create your own tool environemnt...

BTW good luck with the QVC training, I don't think I'll be able to attend...

J

swuehl
MVP
MVP

The command line tool was developed and published by QT, though I think there is no official support for the tools. (similar to the Power Tools, AFAIK). But there is sufficient inofficial support by the developers and forum members.

Basically it's a demonstration of how to make use of the QMS API, which is part of the officially supported product.