Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar graph coloring not applying appropriatly based on expression

I've got a stacked bar chart that I want to display, by quarter, sales for the past 2 years.

The issue I have is, coloring applies correctly to only the Year & Quarter I have currently filtered on.

How do I edit my coloring expression to fix that? Is it a set analysis issue?

variables set,

cy = max(year)

pv = max(year)-1

Dimensions:

=right(year,2)&'-Q'&qtr

=1 ---- >I have to add this obligatory dimension to make it a stacked bar, rather than a side by side bar

=category

Expression:

sum ({$ <year+={$(cy),$(pv)}, qtr+={*}>}  sales) / sum ({$ <year+={$(cy),$(pv)}, qtr+={*}>}  TOTAL <year,qtr>  dkey)

Bar chart Color Expression:

pick( match(category,'1','2','3','4'),

RGB(84,130,53),RGB(101,156,64),RGB(121,187,76),RGB(145,224,92))

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Using both of your codes,

the bar graphs display appropriately no matter what year/qtr is filtered on.

the bar graphs color as I want, when no filter is applied

When a year or qtr filter is applied, only those bars on the graph color correctly, all other bars revert to default color scheme of qlik

sunny_talwar

So basically adding Only({1} to your color expression did nothing. Everything still stays the same. I am not sure what could be going wrong here. I know you don't want to share your application, but you might want to share a sample of hide sensitive information and then share your application.

Sunny

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

We all deal with sensitive data See: Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Another alternative is to prepare a small example with dummy data that recreates your problem.

-Rob