Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Decoding lot data into date YYYY-MM

I have lot information coming out of the database and need to display the month of production in a column next to it. The data sometimes will have extra spaces preceding it which i know will need to be trimmed.  The first 2 characters are the two digit year and the 3rd character is the month of production as a letter, skipping "I" (A=JAN, B=FEB, C=MAR, D=APR, E=MAY, F=JUN, G=JUL, H=AUG, J=SEP, K=OCT, L=NOV, M=DEC) the rest of the code is not needed for what i am doing.  So how can I convert The first column to display what i have in the second column?

Lot Num         Month of Production

14G07            2014-07

12M18            2012-12

13A05             2013-01

15 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share the portion of the script where you are bringing in the table and where you are doing this above manipulation:

LOAD *,

Date(Date#('20' & Left(PSR_P2P3.TEXT.31, 2) & '-' &

Pick(Match(Mid(PSR_P2P3.TEXT.31, 3, 1), 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'J', 'K', 'L', 'M'), 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12), 'YYYY-MM'), 'YYYY-MM') as [Month of Production]
;

Not applicable
Author

I had that piece commented out... Now that I have that uncommented, It looks like the field is available for selection, however, the date isn't calculating.

LotMonth:

Load * Inline [

PSR_P2P3.TEXT31, Month_of_Production

]

;

LOAD *,

Pick(Match(Mid(PSR_P2P3.TEXT.31, 3, 1), 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'J', 'K', 'L', 'M'), 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12), 'YYYY-MM'), 'YYYY-MM') as Month_of_Production ;

sunny_talwar

Structure doesn't seem right to me. You either need to do Resident load or Preceding load. Which one are you employing in your application?

Preceding Load would look like this:

LotMonth:

LOAD *,

Pick(Match(Mid(PSR_P2P3.TEXT.31, 3, 1), 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'J', 'K', 'L', 'M'), 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12), 'YYYY-MM'), 'YYYY-MM') as Month_of_Production ;

Load yourFields

From yourDataSource;

Resident Load will look like this:

LotMonth:

Load yourFields

From yourDataSource;

NewLotMonth:

LOAD *,

Pick(Match(Mid(PSR_P2P3.TEXT.31, 3, 1), 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'J', 'K', 'L', 'M'), 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12), 'YYYY-MM'), 'YYYY-MM') as Month_of_Production

Resident LotMonth;

Drop Table LotMonth;

Which of the above two are you employing in your application?

MarcoWedel

Hi,

I had something similar in mind:

QlikCommunity_Thread_166367_Pic1.JPG

LOAD *,

Date(Date#(Left([Lot Num],2)&'/'&(Ord(Mid([Lot Num],3,1))-64+(Mid([Lot Num],3,1)>'I')),'YY/M'),'YYYY-MM') as [Month of Production]

INLINE [

Lot Num

14G07

12M18

13A05

];

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

I needed to have a resident load and I didn't have one. Once I placed it in it is working for me. Thank you so much for your help.

sunny_talwar

Awesome

I am glad we were finally able to figure it all out

Best,

Sunny