Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable value with calculation

I am pretty new to Qlikview so this might be a basic problem but I kindly request you guys to help.

I have 3 input boxed White Glove (WG), Forced (FD) and Hybrid (HY). The user has to enter a percentage there between 0 to 100. The requirement is that the sum of the percentages of all three of them should not be more than 100.

Meaning we can have cases like WG = 100, FD = 0 and HY =0 or WG = 50, FD = 25 and WG = 25.

We cant have cases like WG = 100 FD = 10 and HY = 10.

The user need to have an option of inputting any of the three values. Is there a way where we can create this. I tried creating three variables but the problem was that If i give a formula for that variable and use that variable in a input box the formula gets replaced by the value I type.

Can you please tell me how we can implement this.

Thanks

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

You need to set some options within the inputbox properties in tab restrictions. There you enabled the options:

entry-restriction --> "only predefined values"

valuelist --> "predefined values as dropdown"

predefined value --> "listed values"

and you need to set the "listed values" per expression, maybe by a valuelist($(=SomeLogicToRestrictTheList)) which will be restricted on the already choosen values from the other variables. Then without you won't be able to avoid a sum over these variables which is greater then 100%. Such logic won't be easy and you will need some trial & error.

- Marcus