Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restrict Login to Access Point for users who are not member of App Groups but member of AD

Hi Guys,

I have 4 applications and all 4 having section access. I have kept query (Pointing to AD Database) in Section access.

In Applications, I have selected Named User and added groups (QlikView_Read, QlikView_Write) to it.

Now someone who is not the member of groups QlikView_Read, QlikView_Write but member of AD is able to login to Access Point and not able to see applications.

Is there anyway I should implement and restrict users to not login to Access Point If they are not the member of groups QlikView_Read, QlikView_Write?

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you are using IIS you should be able to do this. If you look at the below I allowed the QlikView Administrator Group and denied All Users. This is done on the default website.

Untitled.png

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for clear response.

So above setting will allow all the users who is having access to Apps and will restrict rest of AD users.

Or It will allow only to users who are member of Qlikview Administrators Group?

Please make it more clear.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

In the above picture only the users in the Qlikview Administrator group can get into the accesspoint.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

So Basically, need to add all groups which are having access to Apps..Right?

and other than these groups No one will be having access to Access Point. Correct?

Let me give a try. Will update how it goes.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is correct. Deny all users and then allow the groups you want to have access.

Bill