Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Google maps in Qlikview!

i am not able to see the google map in the background , i read this http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewblogs/archive/2009/08/19/google-maps-qvw-broken.aspx and it work for a few times and now again there is no background ( google map)

error loading image

8 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

I have found that you need to make sure that there are no spurious values in your lat / long fields in order for the maps to work. Is it the case that if you select a country that you have data for it works but across the whole data set it doesn't? Try ensuring any spurious values are removed or set to null() at load time.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Try to paste the image link in a textbox. On this way you could check if it is your link to maps.google.com or not. Try this only with a few coordinates (tested bij hand directly on maps.google.com) to ensure yourself that your data isn't the problem.

If the problem stands you could post your document here so we can help you further!

Good luck!

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thank you for your help but i still having problem

i past the link into a text box and got a valid URL http://maps.google.com/staticmap?center=,&zoom=1&size=640x400&key=xx&maptype=roadmap&.jpg and i take this URL to the IE and got the google map but still i am having problem , wait.... now i refresh the page and not its working again !!!! what the fu@@k!! and the qlikview sample is also working , i am going crazy?! can you please help !?

Not applicable
Author

could it be the "GMAP KEY" ?

another issue , i am not able to change the bubble by the "count" , all the bubble is the same size

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

H there,

I don't know if it is causing the issues you are seeing, but I would definitely get yourself a GMap key and paste that into your load script. You can sign up for one here:

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html

Google will limit how many requests you can make to the server if you don't have a valid key.

Regarding the spot size you will need to set the Max Bubble Size on the Presentation tab and have a third expression that returns a numeric to give a bubble size.

Good luck!

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thank you for your response

1. regarding the Bubble Size , "Max Bubble Size" , do you mean this? i change it to 148 and still the same .

2. regarding the GMAP Key , if i am using this for internal use , which URL i need to insert ?

3. regarding the expression , i have 4 expression , longitude ,latitude , SUM(CNT_LOC) and SUM(CNT_LOC)

//Pop-up text

Not applicable
Author

Hi,I think you have choosen a wrong style in the property. Choose the last with 3 different bubble size.

jjj

Not applicable
Author

Hello all

Thank you for your help , its working fine.

another issue , how can i change the color of the bubble by alert , if %sucsess is less then 90% it will be in red .