Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Governance Dashboard Installation Error

When I attempt to install the QlikViewGovernanceDashboard.exec file (after a download), I get an error "...Custom action checkForQV_vbs script error...". See screen shot.Governance Dashboard Install Error.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pabankes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am actually having this same error on another installation (ODBC Connection Package) and thought you may have some insight that would help with that issue.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Vincent,

We have seen something similar once before.

What OS is the server using?

Are you aware of any security settings that affect VB scripting on the server?

Are you aware of any customization to VB script on the server?

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Vincent,

Can you check the version of windows installer on the server? You can do this by starting command prompt on the server and running ““msiexec /?”.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Replying to an old post here, but wondering if this was resolved.

If you see that error -- which also shows up in the MSI log:

Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action checkForQV_vbs script error -2147217392, :  Line 5, Column 1,

MSI (c) (68:B8) [19:09:51:247]: Product: QlikView Governance Dashboard -- Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action checkForQV_vbs script error -2147217392, :  Line 5, Column 1,

Action ended 19:09:51: checkForQV_vbs. Return value 3.

Check the version of the Windows Installer --> And update to the windows installer might resolve the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tyler

I have the same problem.

I updated the windows installer, but not resolve.

I'm using Windows Server 2008 R2.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

1. Are you aware of any modifications made to this server which might impact how vbs is executed?
  2. Does the server have internet access (external to the local network)?
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Vincent -  Responding to an old post, but hopefully you have found the Governance Dashboard 2.0 on QlikCommunity - it's in Beta but requires no installation - wahoo!

You can find it here:

Tyler

pabankes
Contributor II
Contributor II

H- I am having a similar problem.  Did you find an resolution?

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Please use the new version of the Governance Dashboard: 2.0.1, available on Qlik Market or on the main download site.

There is no installation necessary for 2.0.1 - which would solve the install problem

QlikView Governance Dashboard

pabankes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am actually having this same error on another installation (ODBC Connection Package) and thought you may have some insight that would help with that issue.