Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a link feild for sale table and inventory table ?

Hi All

I have create below script for my sales table :-

autonumber( @315:343T & '_' & 'TDSS' ) as desc_Key,

I have create below script for my inventory table :-

autonumber( @12:42T & '_' & 'TDSS' ) as desc_Key,

Now both table are link with desc_key , but not all model are link , for example

3M 11-4945-225-00 CHASIS 17" not able to link ?

Hope some one can share with me why ?

enclosed my QV Doc in my next posting.

Eksa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Rename the fields you do not want to use for the linking of the tables. Fields with the same name, QlikView is automatically using to link tables

View solution in original post

6 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I believe your issue is the YearMonthDay1, desc and cos fields that are included in the synthetic key you have created in your data model. I cannot understand what you are trying to do, I would guess that you need to connect sales to product via only the product field. Use a productid instead of description I would suggest. What are the YearMonthDay1, desc, cos fields containing?

Not applicable
Author

if i use YearMonthDay1, i have trouble in my joint because i get the data from third party softwere.YearMonthDay1 is only 1 time value, so i can not use it.

i will use desc to link 2 table.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I am saying exactly the opposite. You are using YearMonthDay1 and desc to join, that is why you have the synthetic key. You should remove that.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ioannis,

what i can to do to link 2 these table, if i only have desc for the synthetic key?

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Rename the fields you do not want to use for the linking of the tables. Fields with the same name, QlikView is automatically using to link tables

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for your suggestion.