cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allardata
Creator
Creator

Periodic refresh in the browser for 24/7 active app

Consider the following use-case: I have a Qlik Sense app that was specially designed to inform all employees about some crucial KPI's. This dashboard is shown on a screen in the coffeecorner. A special "demo-coffeecorner" user is logged-in in the HUB and watches this dashboard 24/7. A reload task is configured in the QMC to reload every hour.

What would be a good solution to keep a dashboard visible forever and never time-out? So the app never times-out or looses connection (in case of time-out, reconfiguration, publishing a newer version, or any other unexpected reason for the HUB to loose the session).

Periodically refresh this dashboard? Any functionality like this available from the QMC? We tried using a Chrome browser extension that can periodically refreshes, but it still requires occasional manual refresh.

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Allard,

I need exactly the same as you, have you found a work around to solve this ?

If you can open the dashboard in a browser maybe you can write a c#, php web page that automatically refresh the webpage.

Thanks in advance and good luck !

Allardata
Creator
Creator
Author

Not really.

I did increase some timeouts in the QMC, that seemed to decrease the number of times the connection failed to refresh. But not eliminate this completely. So still sometimes I have to press F5 manually. And sometimes, after a somewhat larger QMC configuration change, quit that dashboard instance and open a new window from the HUB.

For me the priority shifted to other subjects, so I'm not focusing to fix this. A solution that is not too complex or cumbersome would still be welcome though.