Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView Desktop 11.2 Software Installation Switches

I am trying to automate the installation of this product for our corporation but the installation switches are proving difficult. Ideally I need ideally to use an ALLUSERS switch passed to the MSI as I need to use a batch file to install the tool due to differing OS versions (32 or 64 bit). I have tried using setupfile.exe /S /v"ALLUSERS=1 /qn" but this is unsucessful, I have also tried just running it as /S /v/qn as it states when doing a setupfile /? but this does not work either.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Dave

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

I am not sure if this will work for the Desktop or not, but look at the attached comment for server installation. I would think some of the switches should work or give you some ideas.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Noone has any idea on this or have I posted it in the wrong discussion

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Dave,

I am working on a document right now for one of my customer on this. From what I see right now "ALLUSERS" is not a valid switch..

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill, any idea how I can get more information?

I've found that if I install by just running the installer it doesn't seem to be there for all users

Not applicable
Author

After first installation Qlik will make a temp folder with .msi file

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\QlikTech Installations\{temp_folder}\QlikViewX64.msi

You can take it and install this .msi with /quiet parameter. But I cant find how to choose a lang for it or how to setup it after.

Will

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

I am not sure if this will work for the Desktop or not, but look at the attached comment for server installation. I would think some of the switches should work or give you some ideas.

Bill

Daniel_Moore
Former Employee
Former Employee

Bill,

Thanks for the server Silent Install writeup - is there currently a writeup for Desktop silent install? When I did: QlikViewDesktop_x64Setup.exe /? I got

SilentSwitch.png

Please advise

Thanks

Daniel

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Daniel,

I would think most of the switch would work for desktop also. The below should work for an upgrade, I can't figure out how to change the interface language for a new install.

msiexec /i QlikViewX64.msi USERNAME="BATMAN" COMPANYNAME="CAVE"  /l*v C:/MSI.log /qn+

Bill

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Bill,

How do you get hold of the .msi file, is this written somewhere when the EXE is unpacked?

Would the switches be different for a clean install?  If so can you point me in the right direction on these.

My client is looking to install in a Citrix client environment - do you know if this is likely to make any difference to the way QlikView is installed?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Regarding of getting the msi file, this is an excerpt from the QlikView Server Reference guide, it should be the same for the QlikView Desktop installation

4.2 Obtaining the MSI package

If the MSI package is needed for the installation, proceed as follows to extract it from the .exe file:

1. Start the installation from the .exe file and wait until the first dialog opens.

2. Locate the MSI file (often stored with a random name, for example, ed34g.msi) in the Temp folder in %UserProfile%\AppData\Local (C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings on pre-Windows Vista systems).

3. Copy the .msi file to another location.

4. Exit the .exe installation.

5. Install QlikView Server using the .msi file. See Silent Installation (page 93) for information on how to perform a silent installation. For additional information, see Deploying MSI Packages with Group Policies (page 127).