Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

upgrading version 1.0.0 to 1.1.0

Hi

I just went to investigate Qlik Sense Desktop and apparently I have an expired version (1.0.0) and it refuses to open.  So I duly download the latest version (1.1.0) and upon launching the .exe I am getting nothing happen after the Run prompt.

I tried closing QlikView on the off chance that was causing an issue.  I have rebooted my machine also to no effect.  I then thought it might be wise to uninstall the older version.  As there is no uninstall option on the start menu I opened Control Panel Programs and Features. Neither the Uninstall or Change do anything to Qlik Sense Desktop.  This is immediately after a fresh boot up so nothing should be running.....

I am confused and frustrated at te moment.  I am running Win 7 (64 bit).

Do I really have to trawl through the system registry and file system to remove this software???  As fun as that sounds I hope there is another option.  Anybodies advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Oli

4 Replies
fheidenstecker
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Oli,

did you figure out what to do?

I am having the same problem here 😞

Cheers,

Fabian

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fabian

Sorry for my delay in replying (I didn't see it).

Currently no.  It looks like I am going to have to go through the computer manually removing all traces.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Oli

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

That sounds a bit odd. Does it help if you run a repair on the 1.1 installation?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Clicking on both the repair and the uninstall does nothing (sadly)