cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III

line diagram with full accumulation.

I have created a line diagram with 2 expressions. which are month on x axis and hours consumed on y axis. Its working fine, but the visualization of the expressions is extending beyond the month. how to eliminate and confine it just to the current values. i have attached a image. where i want to eliminate the black circled area. and the y axis is predefined so it must be increasing order but a point it is constant. and x axis varies every month. so i just wanted to display values of just up to date vallues or just even current selection.

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Tried to hide null values​​? Could send an example of the graph?

Rebeca

Not applicable

Given this is accumulation you wont have NullValues if there is any data for the preceding dimensions.  I used the Background color in the expression and set it to white() based on my master calendar dimention of Month To Date This year.  This way my line disappears for any days after the current day, blends in with white background.  But I still show the line for the MTD_LY through the end of the month. 

If anyone has  better idea for full accumulation charts let me know.  Setting it to transparent would be better.  Not sure of the code to do this.  ?

if(_MTD_TY <> 1,white())

Not applicable

For Full Accumulation the values wont usually be null

Not applicable

Hi, did you find a solution to this problem? I'm facing the same issue.

I tried hiding when month>month(max(date)) but it wouldn't work.

Not applicable

change the background color of the line to the same using the IF() function as the background and the line will end at the latest month

Not applicable

Thanks. Do you have any accumulated formula for a graph, for background colors?

What's happening is that the background formula is taking in the month over month comparison instead of the YTD figures.