Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

User Group in QMC

Hi All,

Can we create user groups in QMC ?

If yes, how do we create it.

Regards,

MK

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, Custom Users means that you have to manually enter new user definitions. Custom groups can only add users if you define them first. Custom Groups use Custom Users.

Start at the top, create custom users, then define custom groups and include the custom users you want to be members of specific custom groups.

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, you can. See QMC->System->Set-up->Directory Service Connector->Select yours->Custom Directory. Add a DSC definition, select apply and a Users tab will appear. Select the Users tab. It's divided into two regions: Users and Groups. Define your Users and Groups in the corresponding areas.

Two things to think about:

• You'll need an Enterprise Edition server for this to do anything more than just look back at you (DMS required)
  • You cannot mix definitions from different DSC's, like for instance AD/LDAP Users in Custom groups.won't be possible...

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Had a similar request a few years back: DMS with AD & custom groups = empty accesspoint

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter,

It was really Helpful.

When I am going to Users Tab, Groups, Add, I am not able to see any users in "Manage Users for Custom Groups".

I have tried '*' and click on the search button, but no luck.

Please provide your inputs on same.

Regards

MK

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Well, Custom Users means that you have to manually enter new user definitions. Custom groups can only add users if you define them first. Custom Groups use Custom Users.

Start at the top, create custom users, then define custom groups and include the custom users you want to be members of specific custom groups.

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot