Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview - Report printing does not work, object printing does.

Hi all,

have a problem with report printing. When I try to print a report the "Printing report" message is shown but the report is not printed.

reports.png

printing_report.png

However, when I print an object on that same report the object is printed (PDF) without problems.

print_object.png

* I've restarted the server but that did not help.

* The Print Spooler service is running (also already restarted)

* PDF X-Change3 is installed

Any ideas why I can print objects but not the full report?

Don't think it is due to too much data as I filter on one record.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Check under C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Temp when you do the print to see if the QVS is generating the file.

Has this ever worked?

Was the Print Spooler disable when you did the install?

Bil

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

thanks for your reply.

QVS is generating the file in the Temp folder when I print an object. When I try to print the report it does not generate a file.

I haven't created the report myself but I've been told that it used to work.

I haven't installed it myself so not sure if the Print Spooler was enabled or not during install.

Regards,

P

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If it generates an object when you print and not with the QVW with the report, I would think there is an issue with the QVW.

You can try to open the QVW in Desktop and see if it will print.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

the QVW intends to print the report but it is not printed nor is there something generated in the Temp folder.

printing_report1.png

Pieter