Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Set Analysis Condition Not Evaluating All Modifiers

Hello,

The following set expression is not adhering to the second modifier of DateType={'Invoice'} the result of the set expression is including an INVOICE posted in the SalesMonth of 'Nov' in the SalesMonth of 'Oct'.  See attached image of the table containing the data. 

Count({$<SalesMonth={'Oct'}, DateType={'Invoice'}>} DISTINCT INVOICE#)

Has anyone experienced this situation before? 

Thank you in advance for any assistance with this issue. 

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am not sure how above expression is related to what is shown in the image. As far as I can see, I don't see the expression used in this table.

So it's hard to tell what the issue is with the information given.

Could you post the QVW?

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I am not really sure how the screenshot relates to the expression, as there is no count column in the table.

Just for reference, have you compared by doing the selection manually?

If you have the expression without the set expression like Count(DISTINCT INVOICE#) and then manually select SalesMonth='Oct' and DateType='Invoice' I would expect it to show you the same result. The point with this is that it might not be the set expression that is the issue, but perhaps the way your data is related.

An unfortunate join, synthetic key or field for multiple data islands could lead to that you get all possible combinations of data in the data set being aggregated.

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you swuehl and Toni of your responses.  I figured out what the issue was.  I manually selected the filters (thank you Toni) and realized I was missing a key field in the filter.  I updated the set expression and got the correct results. 

Thank you again for the input.

Cheers!