Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Binary load based on documentpath()

Hello all,

I have split my development & production environment. When I copy a QV app from DEV to PROD then the binary load should know which data model (development or production) to use (see attachment for folder structure):

DocumentPath() like '*\Formeel*' then

Binary [..\..\..\5_datamodel\sales\formeel\dm_sales.qvw];

else

Binary [..\..\..\5_datamodel\sales\informeel\dm_sales.qvw];

end if

Needless to say this doesn't work else I would not post this . Who can help me?

Thanks in advance,
Marcel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand your limitation. I don't think the included script file needs to be in the same directory.

You just need to create a script file with the binary statement once for DEV, once for PROD, and have the UI QVW use a relative path to that qvs.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Can´t do that

Binary command MUST be the very first command

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Binary must be the first executable statement in the script, so I don't think that is possible. Perhaps someone has a smart workaround?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe a solution based on Massimo's will work out:

Re: BINARY load with dynamic file name

Not applicable
Author

I was hoping that I could determine a part of the file to load.

binary '[..\' & if(documentpath() like '*production*', 'production', 'development') & '\datamodel.qvw';

But this doesn't work either...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

Restriction here I believe is that it needs to be in the same directory, which is not the case unfortunately...

Regards,
Marcel

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure if I understand your limitation. I don't think the included script file needs to be in the same directory.

You just need to create a script file with the binary statement once for DEV, once for PROD, and have the UI QVW use a relative path to that qvs.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Binary load should be first executable statement .Only one binary load should be used in one application .

Not applicable
Author

Okay!! Yes, that’s a proper work-around!

Thanks (can’t believe the answer is so easy…)

Regards,

Marcel

Not applicable
Author

May be try with Environment variable,