Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display month and year dyanamically in straight table ?

Hi ,

I create  straight table in qlikview. that table have year and  month but I want to display year and month dynamically like this.

for example: year 2012,2013.and months :jan,feb,march,april,may,june,july,august,sep,octobar..If I select march then display the straight table.like this Jan,feb,march..If I select feb then display jan and feb data only in straight table.pls tell me out how to display year and month dynamically in straight table.

Thankyou

Regards

madhu

Capture1111.PNG

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In your data you should do proper linking between both of your tables.

As you can see in your data the table from where you are getting qty, doesnt have any date or month. Kindly make tht available in data and then do proper linking.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thank you  kaushik solanki. as you said that it is correct, but I want to display month and year dynamically.I do not know how to display month and year dynamically.can you explain with small example.

Regards

madhu

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I understand that you want to have dynamic period, but for that there should be period associated with your quantity data. Then we can use set analysis to achieve what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

thankyou solanki.in set analysis I use expression like.sum({<year,month=>}qty).it display all months and years of data.

which expression I use their.How to write expression for displaying dynamical data .pls tell me solanki.

Regards

madhu