Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

URL Composer = compute an Access-Point link and pass selection values, open sheets etc.

You may be aware, that you can pass additional query strings when opening a QlikView app from the AccessPoint in order to pass field selections or bookmarks, to open a desired Worksheet or just one object instead of the entire app.

something like

http://server/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=app.qvw&select=LB01,2013&sheet=SH02

There is good documentation around, for example by Stefan Walther here QlikView Mashups - Simple Document Integration

However, getting the syntax right can be quite challenging.

This little tool will help you compute the proper URL in a simple manner, as at the end you just make selections and the tool will compute the corresponding url and all querystrings automatically.

• Download the attached QVW
  • Copy all its objects to a new sheet in your app (in that app, which you like to create the url for)
  • Copy some lines of source code from the top text object into the load script of that app
  • Reload that app.
  • Now you just make the selections in the frontend as usual and return to the new sheet.
  • Select, which of your selection you will like to add to the url
  • Optionally make some more settings (bookmarks, target sheet, single object ...)
  • You can see, copy, and click the complete URL at the bottom of the sheet

If you want to see a how-to.use videos check this:

• Tutorial Video (Flash Video), attached
  • Behind the curtains (Flash Video), attached

New Version v1.12 (24-Oct-13) is using the syntax select=LBxx,(value1|value2|valueN) instead of select=LBxx,value1,value2,valueN ... this simply works better and allows to pass wildcards, too 😉

Hint:

• Create a new bookmark with no selections at all. Use this bookmark together with the selections in the URL. This will force the app to first clear all selections (via the bookmark) and then to add the passed selections. Otherwise the passed selections come on top of the current selections (last saved selections or the user selections made during the current session)
20 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Christoph,

is there any way to open a QV app with parameter using IE plugin Client in the second scenario ("...from anywhere in your intranet to the QlikView Accesspoint and set fields, bookmarks, sheets just like with the Ajax-Client")?

For example, creating a PDF with links to the application (for looking up details), opening the app in IE plugin Client with parameters passed?

Regards,

Stefan

ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

HI

I am afraid there is no such link to directly open sheets and make selections when using the IE Plugin. You may find an alternative using the full QlikView Desktop on your Client computers, which accepts command line options when being opened. Those, again, could be used in combination with a Document OnOpen Trigger to do something with this variable.

This example

"c:\Program Files\qlikview\qv.exe" c:\test.qvw /vvCallBookmark=BM01

Would set the application variable “vCallBookmark” to “BM01”

In combination with the following trigger you can then apply the bookmark. You could use other actions as well such as “Select In Field” or “Open Sheet” …

Just an idea …

arkossa-jpl
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Really cool a well explained technique.

Thanks a lot!

Not applicable

Hi Chris,

How to clear the selection whichever made in previous sessions. I want the previous selections should get cleared out whenever i click the hyperlinks and the new selections should be based on the URL parameters.  Could you please help me ?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris, does it work with variables? i mean setting variable values on the destination qvw.

Thanks!

Dai

Not applicable

HI All,

Could you tell me the syntax of passing variable from one QVW to Other QVW file, Just like did for Selections?

means what I need to write at the end of URL. eg. & SET Variable=vVariable,0.....

Thanks Allot!,

Bhuvan

ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

‌hi. The answr is simple and you wont like it,: variables cannot be passed through a URL querystring. I have read from people to achieve this indirectly via a data island field, which has all of thpossible variable values. By URL you set the value of that field and because of a field trigger you will set the variable indirectly.  Havent done this myself Though.

Not applicable

Hi Christof,

Thanks allot for reply.

Do you have any idea, whether we can pass variable by using Bookmark or not.

Thanks Allot!,

Bhuvan

ChristofSchwarz
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

You can set a variable to be stored in bookmarks. By default this is not the case (recalling a bookmark usually doesnt change any session variable). If you save a variable together with a bookmark, the variable willa slo be recalled. However, a bookmark can only recall what was the value at the point of creating the bookmark. So you cannot pass somthing at all using bookmarks, as the selections and maybe some defined variables will just recall, not get a value of choice.

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 01.02.2016 um 07:57 schrieb bhuvan bharti <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com<mailto:qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>>:

Not applicable

Hi Christof,

Thanks for reply. I understood we can pass only filters by using URL, So what I did is I made inline and made it as hidden filter and based on that I changed the variable and then passed the selection using URL.

Thanks Allot for reply:)

Thanks Allot!,

Bhuvan